Author
Post subject: "M-Audio Runtime DFU" installation failing
PostPosted: 21 Dec 2008, 10:31

Have thanks: 0 time
Hi there

I had a problem, both on my PC and on my laptop, where although Torq and Connectiv worked (been using it for over a month), every time I booted XP (SP2) up, I got a "found new hardware: M-Audio DFU" popup, and I'd let it install the driver automatically. This was using Torq 1.0.7 and the Connectiv driver that came on CD when I bought Connectiv (other than this issue, I didn't see any reason to update the driver). Now, focusing on my laptop, I booted up and got the usual "found new hardware" but it claimed there was a problem every time I tried to install it automatically, and thus it claimed Connectiv was disconnected. Fed up with this problem, I downloaded the latest Connectiv driver. I uninstalled both Connectiv and Torq, and deleted the M-Audio folder in Application Data, and restarted. I installed everything fresh, and I still get "found new hardware." I'm very tired of this nonsense. Please help!

The system specs on my laptop are well over the requirements and the software had been running fine until today. Also note that I ran the installation with Connectiv unplugged.

Macbook Pro 2.1
Core 2 Duo 2.166GHz
3GB RAM

Torq 2.0.3
Connectiv and Trigger Finger under internal control

Post subject: Re: "M-Audio Runtime DFU" installation failing
PostPosted: 21 Dec 2008, 12:08
Moderator (Non-Employee)

Have thanks: 290 times
One quick question:
Was the Conectiv connected directly or via a USB hub?
Did you use the same USB port each time or was it tried in several?
(Windows sees devices on a new port as an entirely new device)

I don't work for Avid, so please don't PM me for support.
Before you post, please read getting started with Torq 2.0, the Torq 2.0 FAQ and also make sure you follow the issue reporting format.

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2008, 12:31

I'm using a PCI card with four USB 2 slots on it. I have an external hard-drive, a mouse and a MIDI controller and the setup gets moved around often, so I doubt I've used the same port each time in the past.

Macbook Pro 2.1
Core 2 Duo 2.166GHz
3GB RAM

Torq 2.0.3

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2008, 23:33

I had no idea two USB's could be treated so differently - thanks for that!

I booted up and used a different USB port and it worked without any "found new hardware" notice at all, which is more than I could say for the driver that was on the disk. For some reason, it only fails to install the drivers when using a particular USB. So far the new driver is working fine. Thanks a lot!

I'm surprised that a CD bought new in 2008 has 2006 software on it - you guys have come a long way since then! Also, how about automatic updates? This IS the 21st century after all!

Macbook Pro 2.1
Core 2 Duo 2.166GHz
3GB RAM

Torq 2.0.3

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2009, 23:51

I have the SAME EXACT problem. Laptop here though with 4 USB ports. I have used up all my lives on them by un-installing and re-installing over and over! I have the latest drivers for conectiv and the latest Torq update. Everything was fine until I decided to update Torq! I can't do anything now. It says to attach my M-Audio hardware and launch Torq again. I have the M-Audio in tray and have previously tried everything upon un-install I removed ALL traces of it and tried again and again same problem. My '4 lives' are over now what?! Anything would help! :cry:

Post subject: *MY FIX* Re: "M-Audio Runtime DFU" installation failing
PostPosted: 07 Jan 2010, 09:27

To the two that had or still have this issue:

I fixed this by manually selecting the "C:\Program Files\M-Audio\Conectiv\DFU\" folder as the location of the driver instead of doing an Automatic Search.

Lenovo Thinkpad T61p
Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 @ 2.20GHz
2 GB of RAM
Windows XP SP3

Torq 1.07
Conectiv_V32_5.10.00.5112v2

Search for:

Jump to: