Author
Post subject: TORQ 2.0 UPGRADE SERIAL and SYSTEM ID???
PostPosted: 10 Feb 2011, 20:18

Have thanks: 0 time
Pleaaasee help!

After buying and downloading the Torq 2.0 UPGRADE online, I have yet to be asked for my original Xponent Serial #.

I can't for the life of me figure out where to submit this number so that AVID will send me the Torq 2.0 serial and system ID.

Also, I'm supposed to find the numbers I need in My Account, they are not there.. and definitely not in my email. PLEASE HELP!!

Andrew

Post subject: Re: TORQ 2.0 UPGRADE SERIAL and SYSTEM ID???
PostPosted: 10 Feb 2011, 20:37
Site Admin (Avid Employee)

Have thanks: 104 times
This FAQ walks you through obtaining the Torq 2.0 License (Serial # and System ID):

Torq 2.0 Upgrade Eligibility Information

- Jared
Community Manager & Customer Advocate

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2011, 21:08

"The Torq 2.0 Upgrade can be purchased from the Avid Store. After purchasing the upgrade, you will receive an e-mail* with an Download Now link for Torq 2.0. This link will take you to your Avid account to complete the upgrade process and receive your Torq 2.0 Serial Number and System ID, which you will use to Activate Torq after installation. Continue below to Enter your Hardware Serial Number and receiver your Torq 2.0 Serial Number and System ID."

I have not received a link to take me to my Avid account to complete the upgrade process. In the section where it says 'continue below' I get forwarded to the Product Registration box but I cannot enter any numbers, its just a picture of the box, as posted below. What gives?

When I go into my Avid account there is nowhere to complete the upgrade. Soooo lost, just wanna rock out with my new toy.

So, what I'm looking for is the Product Registration box to enter my old Xponent serial. Then I need my new Torq 2.0 serial and system ID to be entered into the software. I can see my order online and in my confirmation email, but no links to these resources exist.

Please help!

http://cdn.pinnaclesys.com/supportfiles ... serial.jpg

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2011, 04:05
Moderator (Non-Employee)

Have thanks: 290 times
Did you order replacement CDs at the same time as the Torq 2.0 download?

If so, see:
viewtopic.php?p=131976#p131976

I don't work for Avid, so please don't PM me for support.
Before you post, please read getting started with Torq 2.0, the Torq 2.0 FAQ and also make sure you follow the issue reporting format.

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2011, 07:10

So what you're saying is that it is actually easier for me to cancel my order and buy it again than just receive the serial and ID from an Avid employee? Well, that's just sad!

Is there any other way? I can imagine that the process of canceling the order might be just as difficult, if not more so than what I'm experiencing right now.

I don't understand why Avid does not have sufficient customer service to deal with something like this, a common problem.

If I buy a product it should be available for me to use at the moment I install it. I went through a similar problem with Torq 1.5.

If there is an issue with buying the replacement CD (which isn't even available yet) along with the download, they should be aware of the problem and be prepared to deal with it. I'm very disappointed in what I thought was a so-called 'industry leader'.

Oh, and the demo is no consolation. It says there is is zero days left in the trail and it won't play any music (not to mention that it wouldn't save any .TDQ files anyway). I installed yesterday, and am all but completely screwed for using this software tonight.

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2011, 07:27
Moderator (Non-Employee)

I don't really see how this has anything to do with sufficient customer service?

The problem is that if you are given a serial now, then you will get another when the order ships - due to the automated order system. Other than manually re-writing the store code to allow overriding of just one part of your order, the simpler solution short term is just to ask them to cancel the order and re-order them separately - which hopefully won't take long.

Also, there was a message during the checkout process explaining that this would happen...

Quote:
Not all items in your cart are available for immediate delivery. The order will only be delivered once all items are available. In case you require immediate delivery, please order the items which are in stock separately.

Before you post, please read getting started with Torq 2.0, the Torq 2.0 FAQ and also make sure you follow the issue reporting format.

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2011, 12:56

The message during checkout does not at all explain that this would happen. It says if I require immediate delivery to order items in stock separately. It DOES NOT say that items bought online for download would not be available for use until the product ships! Why even let me download something I can't use? If Avid doesn't understand that than I really just don't know how you can say they don't have a customer service issue. Moreover, the only person interested in helping me isn't even an Avid employee! Oooohh Weeee! Whats up with that?!

I sent them an email yesterday, which was replied to today with not much help other than a brief apology. I responded to it instantly asking them to cancel the order so I can purchase it separately online in order to use the product I purchased immediately. I am yet to receive a response.

I'm still a Torq customer, but at this point I really don't see how someone who has little knowledge of computers could ever deal with Avids online support.. and for that reason, I will never recommend their products.

Not to mention my demol version is still not working. Installed yesterday and I have zero days left on my trial.

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2011, 17:24
Site Admin (Avid Employee)

Have thanks: 104 times
I'm sorry that this has been such a frustrating experience. I just sent you a private message.

- Jared
Community Manager & Customer Advocate

For this message the author Jared has received thanks: MixinItUp112
Rating:7.69%
PostPosted: 12 Feb 2011, 11:40

Jared wrote:
I'm sorry that this has been such a frustrating experience. I just sent you a private message.

Jared,

Thanks for your consideration. It seems I was mistaken about Avids customer service. I was beginning to have my doubts, but you came through big time.

My Torq 2.0 is up and running and it's a fantastic new program. Although I think I may need a new PC to keep up :S

My only question remains - Whens the new controller coming out? After a short look at Torq it's quite obvious one must be on the way.

Thanks again,
Andrew

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2011, 10:37

hi, I think I'm having the same problem.
I am Brazilian, I have an M-audio "Conectiv" and used the "Torq" bought in Brazil where I live.
Yesterday I bought a Torq 2.0 Update (Order ID: 2373407) but, curiously, my "Conectiv" has no serial. Have I contacted my Brazilian supplier, Quanta. They do not know how to fix this and asked that I send the m-audio a request for a serial number. What do I do? what procedure should I take?

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2011, 10:01
Moderator (Non-Employee)

@MixinItUp112:
Glad you got it sorted in the end :-)

@sergiodonato:
Please read the sticky at the top of this forum section, called "Torq 2.0 Serials & Activation - READ ME FIRST"

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2011, 07:57

I am having the same problem...

Only difference is I was given a serial number by Avid support that cant be entered into my serial number page? My Xponent is from 2008? They said the Xponents sn will not work bc of its age and gave me a replacemnet that still hasnt worked...

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2011, 07:59
Moderator (Non-Employee)

@DJDLew:

I've replied to your post here: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=18978&start=0

Search for:

Jump to: